St. Tammany Parish is where innovation meets transformation. Our community is home to a number of private corporations and federal assets that are building, investigating and harnessing the power of science and technology to uncover the breakthroughs of tomorrow.
In 2017, Louisiana-based federal agencies and laboratories received a federal R&D investment of $332 million. They leveraged that investment through technology transfer efforts to address societal needs, promote growth and enhance U.S. competitiveness. The 60-mile region surrounding St. Tammany Parish features NASA’s Michoud Assembly Facility, the USDA’s Southern Regional Research Center, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center, Stennis Space Center and Tulane University’s National Primate Research Center – offering the opportunity for unmatched public-private partnerships. These entities our rounded out with private companies such as Netchex and Ampirical.
These entities find success thanks to our abundant talent, with more than 40 percent of St. Tammany Parish residents holding an advanced degree and a labor force participation rate exceeding the state and nation. Using the Brookings Institute definition of advanced industries, the 30-mile region employs nearly 11,000 workers in fields ranging engineering related services, data processing, information services, laboratories, research and development and more.
Together, our skilled talent pipeline, connectivity to major markets and existing industry capacity offer the perfect support structure and bottom-line advantages to help cutting-edge companies bring ideas to life. Whether you want to relocate or expand, our staff is here to help. We understand the risks associated with any business location and our job is to help minimize that risk. We offer more than incentives; we offer a seamless path forward to success.
Industry Focus Areas
- Scientific Services
- Technology Services
- Research & Development
- Company Management
- Consulting Services
- The extended labor shed boasts 37 educational institutions Tulane University, University of New Orleans, Loyola University, Delgado Community College and Northshore Community Technical College offering graduates at every level.
- Companies can take advantage of our strategic location between NASA’s Stennis Space Center and the Michoud Assembly Facility giving you access to some of the most advanced technology minds in engineering and science today.
- The New Orleans metro has the highest growth in millennial population behind only Virginia Beach and tied with Nashville and well ahead of Tulsa, Sarasota and Memphis.
Top Schools in St. Tammany Labor Shed (70-minute region):
- Tulane University of Louisiana
- Delgado Community College
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- University of New Orleans
- Aveda Institute-Covington
- Northshore Technical Community College
- Loyola University New Orleans
- LSU Health Sciences Center-New Orleans
- Pearl River Community College
- Southern University at New Orleans
- Xavier University of Louisiana
- Utilizing Zillow data, homes, condos and townhomes sold for an average of $203,142 over the last year making our real estate affordable for a family earning $63,000 a year.
- Just more than 40 miles away is Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport with four terminals with a $1 billion recent expansion and commercial terminal and hangar facilities.
- Area Development has ranked Louisiana No. 7 in the magazine’s annual Top States for Doing Business report, with the state earning a Top 10 position for the eighth consecutive year.
- Business Facilities ranked LED FastStart® as the nation’s No. 1 state workforce training program for a record ninth consecutive year.
- There are more than 1,400 specialized employees in the scientific and technical fields within the 30-mile region.
- Sitting in the middle of three major interstates puts your company and goods in reach of more than nine million people in a short 250-mile radius – increasing your speed to market timetables.