St. Tammany Parish, less than an hour away from New Orleans, boasts a highly educated workforce that draws business and professional service companies to our North Shore. With nearly 26,000 industry employees in the 30-mile region at a wage of $55,000 annually, St. Tammany offers talent at a lower cost ensuring your business can keep up with demand. And with an eye on tomorrow’s pipeline of workers, our impressive professional and technical schools award more than 650 new business and financial related certificates and degrees every year.
We are an ideal location for finance, insurance, architecture, accounting, consulting and engineering companies to grow as we offer a business climate that bolsters your bottom line. Our market offers lower commercial office space rates at an average of $22 per square foot compared to national average of nearly $27 per square foot.
Time is money, and we know your business demands direct access to clients and offices worldwide. The Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) offers four terminals with a $1 billion recent expansion and commercial terminal and hangar facilities. The airport features 16 carriers and 56 nonstop destinations including New York, London, Frankfurt, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami and Seattle.
In addition, the Greater New Orleans metro was ranked #4 in KPMG’s list of metro areas with the lowest business costs in the Southeast – “Competitive Alternatives 2016.” And for the eighth consecutive year, Area Development has ranked Louisiana No. 7 in the magazine’s annual Top States for Doing Business report.
Industry Focus Areas
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
- Shared Solutions & Services
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Customer Relations & Contact Centers
- Three higher education institutions in a 30-mile region awarding more than 650 degrees and certificates each year in programs such as accounting, business administration and computer science.
- Nearly 33% of the population has an associate degree or higher.
- The workforce is educated, skilled and hardworking with a prime age labor force participation rate of 78.8%.
- Commercial office lease rates average $22.53 compared to $26.63 nationally.
- Average domestic airline fare for New Orleans is $304.99 compared to the national average of $350.00.
- The Greater New Orleans metro was ranked #4 in KPMG’s list of metro areas with the lowest business costs in the Southeast – “Competitive Alternatives 2016.”
- Area Development magazine ranked Louisiana #2 in business incentive programs.
- Area Development has ranked Louisiana No. 7 in the magazine’s annual Top States for Doing Business report, with the state earning a Top 10 position for the eighth consecutive year.
- More than 3,600 professional and business services establishments in 2018 in the 30-mile region.
- The extended labor shed boasts 37 educational institutions Tulane University, University of New Orleans, Loyola University, Delgado Community College and Northshore Community Technical College offering graduates at every level.